Great features that come standard on Diamond Doors.
High Strength Frame
- Diamond Doors are manufactured from high strength tubular steel. Engineered and designed with a triple internal truss the Diamond Door system is one of the strongest in the industry. Designed to minimize weight while maximizing strength, the engineered design minimizes the weight and loads on you building. Each door is carefully crafted and assembled by a certified CWB welder. Every Diamond Door comes with charcoal grey industrial grade paint to withstand the toughest environments.
- Every Diamond Door hinge is maintenance free. The unique hinge bushing design eliminates hinge creaking and screeching, while functioning smoothly. Diamond Doors offers a lifetime warranty on all hinge bushings.
- Each Diamond Door operates with an industry grade double sealed bearing. These bottom roller bearings are pressed into a hardened CNC machined sleeve. This sleeve is beveled to provide a continuous smooth operation and giving you the longest lasting roller in the industry.
Industries Fastest Opening Bi-fold
- Diamond Doors open at a rate of 18/ft per minute, making them the fastest door on the market. We also provide optional speed kits which increase the opening speed an additional 20% – 25%. This optional Speed-Drive system which allows the doors to operate up to speeds of 40 feet per minute.
- This is dependent on the size of door, gear ratio, and the required lifting speed you would prefer. The driveline is coupled to the lower internal wind truss by a series of industrial grade pillow block bearings and Teflon bushings. This system provides a low maintenance, smooth operating lifting motion.
Standard Lift Cables
- Diamond Doors unique lift cable driveline 2 design provides an offset during lift, preventing the cable from ever “overlapping” or coming in contact with itself (the primary reason for shortened cable life). These highly specialized cables utilize an extremely fine weave and fiber core for excellent flexibility and exceptional lifespan. Using more cables translates to less loading per cable, helping to further extend its lifespan. It’s why Diamond Doors uses a minimum of a 10x cable safety factor. Also, the numerous lift points help to better distribute loads more evenly on the door (and ultimately on the building).
- Diamond Doors operate with an industrial gear box determined by door size, weight and opener speed. These gear boxes are oil bath lubricated and come factory filled with full synthetic 75W90 oil.
- The “Y” pusher is located on the center fold of the door. It provides the initial outward push from the center hinge for a smooth opening and closing motion.
Photo Electric Safety Sensors
- The photo electric safety sensors prevent the door from closing if any obstacles are present within the doors opening. They come standard and are required by code with every remote package. These safety sensors can be used in multiples to create a photo curtain. This option is highly recommended for commercial and public buildings.
Genesys Electrical Box
- The Diamond Genesys CSA approved electrical box is the first ever UL325/CSA 22.2 certified bi-fold door operator on the market. Our innovative Genesys circuit board features plug-n-play installation on future upgrades, on-board diagnostics, built in emergency override controls, and more. This means our doors require no onsite electrical connections in the door frame and a watertight junction box for control wire connections. We supply all power and control wires and they are factory installed to the door frame so you can get your door up and running quickly and efficiently.
Genesys Circuit Board
- The Genesys control box meets NEMA 4/4X/12 and IP64 specifications. This control box is also watertight, minimizing any negative environmental effects. It is factory wired and tested, and all electrical components are pre-set to factory specifications.
- Every Diamond Door comes standard with open close limit switches. The limit switch determines how far the door opens and closes. These limit switches are located inside the main electrical box. The closed limit switch is preset in the factory while the open limit switch requires final adjustment on-site once the door is installed. This procedure can be found in the owner’s manual or install manual.
- The main fuses are located inside the Genesys electrical box. The provide security to other electrical components protecting them from high voltage power surges.
- The Thermal overloads are also located inside the electrical box. They are sized according to each door and provide protection against a large amp draw. These overloads to the electric lift system come with an automatic reset system which will reset within 30 seconds if an overload occurs.
Electric Lift Motor
- Every Diamond Door comes standard with an electric lifting motor. This Electric motor is coupled to the industrial grade gearbox creating the most reliable electric lifting system. Every electric motor is sized accordingly to the weight it’s lifting and the opener speed required. These electric motors are available in single phase 230V, 3 phase 208V, 460V and 600V. All electric motors are coupled to an electric brake to ensure safety. The brake is equipped with a lever to manually disengage the brake for manual operation.
Emergency Manual Opener
- The manual opener system is designed as a back-up to open and close the door in case of a power outage. Each custom designed electric motor is equipped with a hex shaft located on the top side on the motor. With the appropriate socket you can spin the motor shaft to open or close the Bi-Fold door manually.
- The master up/down/ stop controller is wired directly into the doors electrical box. This controller can be positioned on either side of the door, mounted to the building. The controller comes prewired from the factory. It is a sealed NEMA 4/12, CSA/ UL approved controller.
Single Lever Lock
- The single lever locking system simultaneously locks both sides of the door with a simple rotation of the locking handle. This locking handle can be positioned on either side of door for quick and easy access. The locking system is designed to pull the door tight to the building to secure it and seal it from the outside environment.
- Every door is equipped with a safety switch for manual locking doors. The safety switch is located at the locking handle. This switch doesn’t allow the door to operated when in the locked position.
Top/Bottom Weather Seals
- Every Diamond Door comes standard with a top rubberized canvas covering the hinges and sealing the connection between the door and the building. This seal is fastened in between the door frame and top door trim. The other side is fastened to the building behind the cladding of the building. The bottom rubber seal is fastened to the bottom of the door by an aluminum track sealing the space between the lower door frame and your finished floor. The rubber seal is designed with ribs to prevent the seal from freezing to the ground. These seals are available in different sizes to accommodate any fluctuation in your finished floor elevation or deflection of the building.
- All necessary mounting hardware is provided with each Diamond Door. The hardware provided is determined on the type of building the door will be mounted too (wood straight wall, steel Rigid frame, wood Quonset, steel Quonset, fabric Quonset, ETC).